Part of the reason this day became a sort of catch up day is we couldn't make a decision. Here's our problem.
We were going to take off for destinations north, but thought maybe we would fish for salmon a while longer since we have three days left on our licenses. Then, we decided we should join half the state of Alaska on Sunday morning digging for clams. It is the low tide necessary then.
We've never dug for clams before. We're finding out there are many ways to do it as there are people digging. We didn't want to buy a clam shovel because we have no need in Kansas. We bought a spade. I think we'll move closer to the beach we want to dig on tomorrow. Of course I'll take a few pictures.
- Clams? Yes, but it is work
- Ninilchik Beach State Campground
- Catch Up day and a decision
- Homer back to Soldotna Thursday, July 28
- Homer Wednesday, July 27
- Soldotna to Homer Tuesday, July 26
- One more salmon post
- This one is for Aaron, Adam, Evan, Trent, Carly an...
- Saturday Farmers Market Day
- Dip netting on the estuary
- Catching up on Salmon July 21
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to Soldotna Ce...
- Too late to write
- Tetlin Wildlife Refuge (near Tok) to Anchorage via...
- Teslin to Alaska! 449 miles July 17
- Stone Mountain to Teslin Lake 412 miles July 16
- Alaska Highway Mile one to Stone Mountain July 15
- Baniff and almost to Dawson Creek
- Baniff National Park – Canada July 13, 2011
- Glacier National Park
- Flathead Lake, Montana
- Pine Creek Campground
- Better than a parking lot
- Update on the road
- North to Alaska
- Bike carrier
- Still home
- ▼ July (29)